Friday, January 29, 2010

Big Choices, Lots of Money

Well its been a while since I have lasted blogged sorry. Trying to find something funny or exciting is a bit difficult at this moment in my life.
The last few months Haley and Nate have been looking at home to buy and I have been lucky enough to go with them on a few occasions. Over the passed year and a half- Haley, Nate, Mom, Dad and a few others have been hinting ( their hints are like atomic bombs) that I should buy a house. Finally I have started to look into buying a home here in Utah. The thought is very exciting, but all at the same time I'm terrified because I'm afraid of doing this alone. I know I
have family and friends to help me along the way but in the end it falls on my shoulder to complete the task at hand.
Does anyone have any suggestions to making buying a house easier and not so stressful.
HELP

3 comments:

hil said...

you are finally back! there is no way to de-stress house buying. have you prayed about it to know if it is the right choice? i know that sounds cheesey, but for real if you recieve a yes, then there is no reason not to move forward. and if no, then there's no reason to sweat it for another second. that would be super exciting; you could pay more than half (or more than the whole) mortgage with roommates. just go to a lender and see for how much you can be approved. then look within lower parameters. that's a good place to start; one step at a time. good luck!

Nate Judd said...

Listen to Hil, she knows, she and Frank just went through the whole deal.
Don't stress too much. We're all here to help.

Colleen Marie said...

Marry a wealthy man who already owns a house? I'm doing the same sort of thing back home. I tried to buy a piece of land in Clear Lake last year, but it was too swampy. Now I'm looking at a piece off Division in Mount Vernon. Is it too much to ask for an acre of my very own?

Here is my real advise:
-Don't just settle with your own bank, shop around for interest rates on your loans, then go back to your bank and tell them what you found, see if they'll beat it.
-Check the foundations
-ask the neighbors WHY the last person sold. That might give you more information than the realtor will. Did they get transferred? They might just be looking to unload it fast.

Good luck. Keep us posted.