Monday, March 30, 2009

Living history
















I had the great opportunity to spend the weekend up at "This is the Place Heritage park" at a living conference with other crazy people like me. We got there and had a dutch oven cook off, the food was amazing but dutch oven cooking is always incredible. after we filled are stomachs to the brim with good food we had a old fashion barn dance in the hospital. we had a couple who taught us the old dances. let just say today's dancing sucks. we should go back to those days. then we were off to bed in one of the new/old builds. with heat hallelujah.
the next morning they woke us up at 7 on a sat, in not a morning person so they saw the other side of me, but thats ok because we had the rest of the day a head of us. The wonderful people at "This is the Place" had set up classes for the day and they had everything from military to tea parties to blacksmith and wood shop. may things to keep you busy and learning about the past. Being my dads daughter I spent the day with the guys at the blacksmiths, the leather shop, the tinsmith and of course the wood shop. learn how they did it in the old days, and to be honest if i was one of those four thing back in that day i would never be seen in a dress. we will have to see what i will do during the summer if im in one of those places.

4 comments:

Betty Jo said...

What a wonderful weekend you must of had. If I were a bit younger I think I would have enjoyed "This is the Place"
Love ya!!

Athena said...

Give me a break there are old old farts there enjoying themselves

Nate Judd said...

I'm glad you were wearing a dress, who knows what you would have done if you were in just those hideous shorts (which I'm going to throw away as soon as I get the chance).
I'm glad you had fun.

Betty Jo said...

The pictures are wonderful!! Learn lots and have fun
Love ya!