Tuesday, March 17, 2009

ELDER

you know how LDS people say they have missionary experiences and then they go on about something they did on there mission. Well i have a missionary experiences but I'm not on a mission. it is about one of the elders in my grandparents ward. they had come over one Sunday to eat at grandma and grandpas house now on Sundays I'm most likely there to help enjoy the food. well after dinner i was playing Titanic on the piano and one of the elders came over and asked me to show him how to play the song and that was fine with me but come to find out that he has never learned the scales or the notes which is just fine, because sharing your talent is a good thing. during this time i dont think he was paying much attention to what i was showing. anyway when they were leaving this one elder that i show how to play titanic shook my grandparents hand really lightly and quick without saying much to them. well he came over grabbed my hand and shook it like it was a jump rope and kepted shaking it like he was waiting for someone to jump in. say thank you for showing my how to play the piano. at this point my elbow was screaming at me and all i could thing was to pull before i have no arm left so i did. smiling we walk them to the door.
then afew days later they came back over dinner again, now i need to pratice the piano because i have lessons. during this time of pratice this elder stood right behind me watching,now i dont mind people listening but stand right over my shoulder is a bit scary. so i delt with it
and let him do so. with a thankful heart his companion asked us if they could leave us with thought. once that ended they were getting up to leave and i just turned back to the piano thinking that i would have one arm longer then the other if i shook his hand again. so i kepted playing and not to my surprise he showed up next to my shoulder wanted to shake my hand so i stop and kindly shook his hand. now during this time i dont no if his companion got distracted but kepted talk with my grandparents. dang it. smiling i started playing the piano again final the two of them were heading to the door and this one elder came back over to get another hand shake, instead of shaking it. i smiled and said good night.

2 comments:

Betty Jo said...

that is a funny experience!! what a hoot

Nate Judd said...

You need to quite teasing those elders. They're trying to focus...shame, shame!!