Friday, January 30, 2009

The Great Robbery

It had happen about three years ago, on a warm summer day down in the Hood River area. It was for my dad’s company party. They had paid for a train ride to go along the Hood River. They also gave us some extra money to hold on to. I had known idea what might happen next but it came fast.
We had started to leave the station and all was going great when I had spilt up with my parents to go up to the front of the train, well it toke longer then I had guessed. We had being on the train for a good half an hour when the train started to slow down and I noticed that western robbers were boring the train, when I had figured that it was just a fun activity they had set up and that the money was for them to steal. So I put the money they had given me in my shoe (for safe keeping).
The robbers had come to the car that I had been in. They had everyone hand over the money. They said me where my money was and I told them that I did not have any. So they left me a lone and went on to the next car. As they toke they money of the neighboring car I watch through the window of the car to see what will happen nothing happen so I kept following them down to the very last car. This car was an open car that had railing so that people would not fall out. The four robbers started to collect the money, when the leader of them grabbed a hold of a woman and started to shake her back and forth. He also did not notice that I was standing right behind of him and that is a bad mistake.
I had just looked down when I notice something myself. His gun which was in his holster did not have the latch hooked on the gun. So been somewhat of a prankster I gabbed a hold of that gun and said to the robbers stick them up and pointed the gun right at them. Everyone around new that they had not had this challenge before so they tried to get me to give me the gun that I had stole from them. First they tried talk me into giving up the gun but that did not work, so they tried to surprise me so that they could take the gun away. One of the robbers grabbed and got a hold of the hand that I was holding the gun, while the rest kept every one else back. While he was trying to pry my fingers from the handle of the gun I reach around and grabbed a hold of the gun in his holster and pulled it out. I told them that I wanted the money “so hand it over” and that’s what they did.
Now at that time I had glass and that was my down fall of my moment of time. The lead robber had a squirt gun in his back packet he wiped that gun out and squirted me in my face so that my glass were wet and could not see through them. During that moment they grabbed the gun from my hand. After that they kept keeping a good eye on me tell the ride was over.
The moral of this story is that not everyone will let the fun go by, but will take a good challenge. Also there is always a wolf in a flock of sheep.

2 comments:

Nate Judd said...

This is one of my favorite stories of yours.

Betty Jo said...

This also is one of my most favorite stories and you were sooooo good!!!! What a great memory